Subwize is a vibrant, community-facing young people’s drug and alcohol service delivered by WDP in partnership with Mentor UK.
The Subwize team provides a range of prevention and treatment services to:
- prevent young people from engaging in substance misusing and risk-taking behaviours
- enable young people to develop boundaries, emotional resilience and self-esteem
- actively support young people to reduce and/or stop harmful behaviours such as drug and alcohol use, encouraging prosocial and healthy alternatives.
Our partner Mentor UK will be supporting the development and delivery of drug and alcohol awareness and prevention sessions for young people in the borough.
How to access our service
Subwize is available to young people under the age of 21 who live in Barking and Dagenham or attend schools and colleges in the borough, as well as their families and carers.
We work with young people in the community, at a location most accessible to them, such as schools, youth clubs and other local venues.
You can contact us directly by phone or email (details below).
We also accept referrals from any professional.
What we offer
Services available include:
- Trauma counselling
- Motivational and engagement work
- Group work
- Drug and alcohol education and awareness
- Support and information for families and carers
For more information, contact:
Subwize, The Vibe, 195-211 Becontree Avenue, Dagenham, RM8 2UT
Tel: 0300 303 4613
Fax: 0333 344 5916
Secure email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and support, please visit: http://www.wdpyoungpeople.org.uk/.