Many of our services work in partnership with local organisations including Jobcentres and Work Programmes. We also work with local adult education centres, colleges and employers to support service users with their aspirations.
WDP currently applies best practice by taking a ‘stepped approach' to employment support for people with drug and alcohol problems. This follows a ‘learn then work’ model, which progresses from training, through supported volunteering, to independent employment.
“The course made me realise I have a purpose in life and I can achieve what I desire if I follow basic keys and methods” - WDP service user
Within the ETE service, clients are supported to develop an Individual Learning Plan that identifies their ETE related goals. These goals are then worked towards within either one-to-one appointments, groups or a combination of both.
We offer a wide range of ETE support in services including:
- Direct delivery of structured employability programmes and coaching across WDP services where funding has been secured via grant or local commissioner funding
- Accredited training: City and Guilds, OCN, OCR and EDCC
- Employability training: CV Writing, cover letters, interview techniques, disclosures, self-employment support, volunteering and money management
- Bespoke workshops delivered through our partners
- Functional skills
- Job clubs
- Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) training and practice tests
- Internet cafes
- Embedded in-house satellites
- Pathways to apprenticeships and traineeships
- Supporting specialist ETE practitioners in local services
- Supporting workforce development in local projects via staff training, mentoring and coaching
- Joint working with JCP and Work Programme providers
- Establishing robust local pathways into training, volunteering and employment
- Developing and providing tools for all recovery practitioners to use in assessing service user need and care planning. This includes the development of a resource pack of ETE
- ITEP Maps and five structured one-to-one ETE key working sessions
- Dyslexia Action